Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I buy a canister vacuum?
Canister vacuums are better than upright vacuums for cleaning bare floors, stairs, and underneath furniture. The attachments that usually come with canister vacuums are useful for cleaning upholstery and drapes.
Is an expensive canister vacuum worth it?
Not all expensive canister vacuums are built and designed to be worth their price. However, most expensive vacuums tend to be built with quality parts and features that allow you to deeply clean a variety of surfaces.
On the other hand, some inexpensive vacuums work better than others that cost more.
We recommend reading in-depth reviews on the types of cleaners you are looking to buy before you make the final transaction. This will ensure you know the good and the bad of each cleaner and if it matches your wants and needs.
How do I choose a canister vacuum?
When buying a canister vacuum cleaner, you should look for these 3 things:
- Features: Does the canister vacuum work well for deep carpet cleaning? Or does it work better for hard floors?
- What customers say: Before purchasing a canister vac, make sure it can accomplish what you need to do (clean carpets, remove stains). Well-known cleaners will usually have many positive and negative reviews, but we recommend using an unbiased and reliable source.
- Price: Sometimes, canister vacuum cleaners can be priced at a higher amount than what they’re actually worth. This is easy to notice if a cleaner doesn’t have great ratings while being priced way over your budget. However, for the most part, vacuums are priced fairly based on their quality, design, and features.
Should you buy a used canister vacuum?
Used canister vacuums usually mean they’re not new. They tend to either have missing pieces or not work as well as they should.
However, some can already be lightly used and still clean just as well as a brand new vacuum. It’s your choice if you would be fine with using a used vacuum, but just beware of the risks.
What is the best canister type vacuum?
The best canister type vacuum is the Bissell Zing Canister, 2156A Vacuum, Green Bagless for a few reasons.
- It is budget-friendly
- It comes with a large dirt cup
- It has an easy to empty design
- It can easily clean hard-to-clean areas
- It has powerful suction
Which is better upright or canister vacuum?
Canister vacuums tend to be more powerful than upright vacuums because they don’t have a limitation to their engine size. Usually, they have better suction while being much easier to carry and hold to clean high areas.
Upright vacuums also have their benefits, but if you’re looking to buy a very lightweight and easy to carry vacuum, then the canister will be your best bet.