What We Consider & Look For When We Review Vacuums
Whether we're reviewing an upright vacuum, Bissell vacuum, or even a sweeper vacuum, we keep several factors in mind.
- We make sure the vacuum we're reviewing doesn't have difficulty sucking up anything in its cleaning path. If a vacuum can easily suck up dust, dirt, and debris, then we know it is worth buying and recommending.
- We consider how much the vacuum costs compared to other similar models.
- We look to see if the vacuum is easy to maneuver and hold. If a vacuum isn't difficult to use, then you'll probably find it in one of our reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Oreck vacuums any good?
Yes, Oreck vacuums are very good vacuum cleaners for several reasons. First, they’re designed to last users several years. Second, they quickly suck up dirt, dust, and debris from hard floors and carpet. And third, they’re affordable for most.
Is Oreck going out of business?
Oreck used to be one of the biggest brands in the vacuum cleaner industry. A decade after David Oreck and his family sold the business, the company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Are Oreck vacuum cleaners still made?
Yes, Oreck vacuums are currently manufactured in China and most of their assemblies are finished in the U.S.
Is Oreck better than Dyson?
Oreck vacuums are typically more lightweight than Dyson vacuums. Orecks are easier to carry up and down stairs, while some Dyson vacuums can be difficult to carry due to their bulky designs.
How long should an Oreck vacuum last?
If they’re taken care of properly, most Oreck vacuums should last you between 10 to 12 years.
Read more: How Long Do Vacuums Last?
Why is my Oreck vacuum so loud?
Your Oreck vacuum is loud likely because it’s indicating that the motor or fan needs replacement.
Do Oreck vacuums have a lifetime warranty?
Yes, Oreck vacuums come with a lifetime warranty, which applies to normal domestic use.
Is Oreck Made in the USA?
Oreck isn’t an American company, and many parts aren’t made in America. However, there are a few Oreck vacuums made here in the U.S.
Read more: American Made Vacuums
When should I change my Oreck vacuum bag?
There are two likely instances when you should change your Oreck vacuum bag:
- If the machine stops picking up dirt
- If the machine begins sputtering dirt
In both of these instances, it is likely that the vacuum’s dirt bag is full.