Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a vacuum that also mops?
There are actually quite a few highly regarded mop vacuums that also take care of mopping duties. They're made by well-known brands such as Bissell, Shark and Hoover, too. Choosing a high-quality mop vacuum is important to keeping your home clean and free of stubborn dirt and debris.
How do you vacuum and mop at the same time?
There are many designated vacuum and mop combos that take care of vacuuming and mopping work simultaneously. Users can let the combos do all of the hard multitasking work for them. Investing in a top-notch mop vacuum will help you keep your floors and carpets clean.
Do vacuum mops work?
There are many people who are big fans of vacuum maps and how effective they are. Some people think that certain vacuum mops work better than others do.
People who are seriously thinking about investing in vacuum and mop combos should take the time to meticulously study up on their options prior to completing any purchases.
It can help to go with vacuum mops that get rock-solid reviews from customers. It can help to look for vacuum mops that get strong ratings, too.
Does the Bissell CrossWave vacuum and mop at the same time?
Yes, the Bissell CrossWave operates as both a vacuum cleaner and a mop all at once. We highly recommend the Bissell CrossWave and have reviewed it in our review of the best Bissell vacuums.
Which brands sell the best vacuum and mop combos?
These vacuum brands sell the best vacuum and mop combos:
What is the best electric vacuum mop?
The Tineco iFLOOR Cordless Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner And Mop is the best electric vacuum mop. It's a powerful vacuum mop that's great for cleaning all types of floors.
Everything You Need To Know Before Buying A Vacuum Mop
Before you choose a vacuum mop and buy it, it’s important to understand why to pick one over the other.
Benefits of Using a Vacuum and Mop Combo
There are many reasons why you would want to use a vacuum mop to clean your home. Whether you need a mop vacuum for hardwood floors, or for your laminate floors, mop vacuums come with many benefits.
- You save time because you'll vacuum up dirt and dust while mopping floors all at once.
- More dirt will get picked up after you finish mopping and vacuuming using the same tool.
- You’ll save money because your vacuum mop can do the mopping and vacuuming.
- Mop vacuums are very easy to use and maneuver around your home.
- If you have pets at home, your floors are likely very messy and covered in pet hair. Mop vacuums make cleaning up pet hair incredibly easy.
Types of Vacuum Mops
There are two main types of vacuum mops: upright and robot. We’ll explain why you should choose one type over the other so you can decide which type is best for you.
1. Upright Mop Vacuums
Upright vacuums can either be corded or cordless. Corded models require being fairly close to an outlet, which is a downside. However, an upside of corded vacuums is they don’t need to be charged, since they’re battery-free.
Cordless vacuums are the opposite. They have a battery that needs to be charged every so often, depending on how often the vacuum is used.
The benefits of a cordless mop vacuum combo are they don’t have any cords (unsurprisingly) which allows users to walk around their entire home without being around an outlet.
2. Robot Mop Vacuums
Robot vacuum mop combos are in some ways much better than upright units. If you’re a busy person that doesn’t have time to vacuum your home, get a robot vacuum.
Whether you’re looking for a robot vacuum for your hardwood floors, or thick carpet, keep reading.
Robot mop vacuums are great for several reasons:
- They save users time because they clean floors and/or carpets by themselves.
- They memorize your home’s layout.
- They can clean under furniture and in tight corners where upright vacuums can’t reach.
- They can clean hardwood, tile, and vinyl floors, as well as carpet.
- They typically have long-lasting batteries, and they automatically go back to their space to recharge.
Robot mop vacuums also have some downsides:
- They can get stuck.
- Pets might get scared of them.
- They’re usually more expensive than upright vacuums, however there are many affordable robot vacuums available.