Learn how to clean an apartment using this detailed apartment cleaning checklist.
Cleaning an apartment should be easy, and it’s even easier with a simple checklist that will show you exactly what needs to be cleaned.
In this guide you'll learn:
- How to clean apartment windows
- How to deep clean an apartment
- How to clean an apartment balcony
- So much more
So, if you want to transform your dirty apartment, keep reading.
Let’s dive right in!
How To Deep Clean An Apartment
A complete checklist of what should be cleaned every week in an apartment.
Hint: This checklist can and should be used as a rental move out cleaning checklist.
Supplies You’ll Need
- All-purpose cleaner
- Powerful vacuum
- Window cleaner
- Steam mop
- Toilet brush
- Cleaning cloth
Living Room Cleaning Checklist
In this section you'll learn exactly what to do when your living room is a mess.
- Throw away or donate any unneeded objects.
- With a duster, dust any cabinets or tables to freshen up the air in the living room.
- Use a powerful vacuum to clean the carpets and/or hard floors in the living room.
- Dust your TV using a cleaning cloth.
- Clean your sofa using a vacuum brush attachment to remove any crumbs or dust.
- Clean any desks.
Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Learn how to clean your apartment's kitchen in this step-by-step checklist.
- Put any dishes in the dishwasher to be cleaned.
- Wipe down countertops with a damp paper towel to remove food crumbs.
- Sweep the floor with a broom to remove any crumbs, dirt, and debris.
- Use a steam mop to thoroughly clean the kitchen floors and leave them spotless.
- Wipe up spills on stovetops, in ovens, and in microwaves.
- Clean the exterior and interior of your refrigerator, cabinets, dishwasher, and trash can.
Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
Keep reading to learn how to clean dirty bathrooms.
- Use an all-purpose cleaner and disinfecting wipes to wipe down countertops.
- Clean the bathtub by using a tile and grout cleaner to remove any bacteria and dirt.
- Disinfect the toilet using disinfectant and antibacterial wipes.
- Use an all-purpose cleaner to wipe out any drawers or cabinets.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist
Here you'll learn the process to cleaning a bedroom.
- Pick up and put away clothes and belongings.
- Ensure the mattress has clean sheets. If it doesn’t, then clean your sheets.
- Dust your bed frame with a damp dust rag.
- Push aside your bed and clean under it with a vacuum.
- Vacuum the closet with a HEPA vacuum.
- Dust all surfaces to improve the air quality of the bedroom.
- Vacuum drapes and/or blinds with a brush attachment.
- Clean the bedroom floor and carpet with an easy to maneuver carpet cleaner vacuum.
- Remake the bed by adding the sheets you cleaned earlier or adding new sheets.
- Dust the vents.
- Polish and wipe the mirrors.
- Dust any other furniture.
- Clean nightstands and dressers to find any loose change or other items that might end up in the bedroom.
- Throw away any trash.
- Divide clothing into two piles: clean and dirty. Then, put the dirty clothes in the laundry to get washed, and put the clean clothes in your closet.
How To Clean Apartment Windows
Cleaning dirty apartment windows can be a complicated task. That's why you should consider hiring a professional window cleaning company to do the dirty work for you.
However, if you want to clean the windows yourself, we recommend watching this video:
That’s it! Cleaning your apartment is fairly simple.
We hope our apartment cleaning checklist helped you transform your apartment.